- Technorati now tracks over 37.3 Million blogs
- The blogosphere is doubling in size every 6 months
- It is now over 60 times bigger than it was 3 years ago
- On average, a new weblog is created every second of every day
- 19.4 million bloggers (55%) are still posting 3 months after their blogs are created
- Technorati tracks about 1.2 Million new blog posts each day, about 50,000 per hour
- English, while being the language of the majority of early bloggers, has fallen to less than a third of all blog posts in April 2006.
- Japanese and Chinese language blogging has grown significantly.
- Technorati now tracks more than 100 Million author-created tags and categories on blog posts.
45% of new bloggers give up during first 3 months after they started! Fortunately, the “Chronicles” is five months old, so it passed that critical point.
I was surprised to discover that English is not a primary language of the blogosphere and that its Japanese and Chinese parts are nearly so large as the English one.